Have a twitter account?
Have a blog?
You feel it would be nice if your new blog posts are tweeted automatically?
If the answer to any of the questions above is NO, please move on. There is not much that you can benefit from by reading the following. For others, here it is:
- Go to twitterfeed.com. Actually the next steps below are self-explanatory if you are into twitterfeed.com, but I’ll explain that anyway.
- Get an account there – You just need an email ID
- Twitter as a service is the default selection. No need to touch that!
- Authenticate your twitter account, i.e let twitter verify that you would like to authorise Twitterfeed to publish the things into your twitter account. This is a one time activity
- Having done the above step, Step 2 is shown- name feed and add source URL
- Give the feed a name – If you are going to keep multiple feeds, it would be good if you keep each one in an organised manner.
- Add Rss feed URL – this can be got from the Blog page of your blog.
- You can also test the rss feed by clicking the test button
- Advance settings? Yeah, you can play with that to make customizations as per your whims. Like I have chosen to have each auto-tweet to begin with ‘New Blog post:’ Plus I also shorten the URLs using a service. Play around!
- Click “Create Feed” — DONE!
- In case you have a Blogger blog, it should be something like this http://feeds.feedburner.com/YourBlogTitle
- In case it is a WordPress blog, it would be something like this
Pray, replace the YourBlogTitle and YourBlogAddress with your relevant addresses, in my case for this blog, the Rss feed URL is http://feeds.feedburner.com/Aurbatao
I hope this helped. If it did, I’d like you to show your gratitude. Pls leave a comment. I’d love to comment on that!